Call for Incoming Nominations
Greetings from the University of Glasgow!
I am pleased to confirm for you that we are currently open for you to nominate your students and staff to us under our partnership in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility.
Just to reconfirm, we have the following number of funded places available for you:
Staff Teaching: 6 staff members for 10 working days each – one from each of the Jimbaran Consortium universities
Staff Training: 6 staff members for 5 working days each – one from each of the Jimbaran Consortium universities
Postgraduate Research Student Mobility: 2 students in total for up to a maximum of 4 months (minimum 3 months) each. Students may come from any of the Jimbaran Consortium partners, and selection is at the discretion of the Consortium.
NOMINATION DEADLINES AND PROCESSES
We would ask that all students and staff who wanted to come to Glasgow in 2017/18 be nominated to us by 01 May.
This deadline is to ensure that we can enter their details onto our National Agency reporting system in time for interim reporting requirements for the project, and to enable us to process all applications for Semester 1 and the Full Academic Year in good time for a September start.
If your selection process for the spring semester (Semester 2) will not run later in the year, then please just remind me of this, and let me know by 01 May if you anticipate filling any remaining places in that round, and we can update our records accordingly.
If you could please complete the attached spreadsheet to confirm the details of your nominated participants, and return this to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, that would be most appreciated.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND PROCESSES
There is not an application deadline at Glasgow per se for staff. Once staff have been nominated to our office, they will then continue to work directly with their hosting department here to confirm their final programme of activity, and would normally just need to plan for a teaching/training period which is far enough in advance to enable us to confirm their final programme and turn around visa information.
Once their programme has been confirmed, our office will be in touch with them to confirm required Erasmus+ documentation and all other information and documentation needed to process their Erasmus+ grant payments.
For any students coming in our Semester 1 period (September – December 2017) or for the full academic year, our application deadline is: 30 May
For any students coming in Semester 2 only (January to June 2018), our application deadline is 30 September.
Nominated students will receive our online application guide and other relevant documentation upon receipt of their nomination.
All application is made online; we do not accept applications or supporting documentation sent to us by post or email.
We ask all nominated students to provide the following documents as part of their online application to us:
· A copy of their Transcript in English to date.
· A copy of their Passport
· A provisionally completed copy of their Learning Agreement – we will send a template Learning Agreement to them along with our application guide
· Evidence of their proficiency in English to a minimum CEFR B2 level
· For students who are coming to us for 6 months or more: They must supply an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test from within the last two years. This is due to UKVI immigration requirements, and is needed to issue students with their visa sponsorship paperwork. These students will need to apply to Glasgow for a Tier 4 Student Visa. The University of Glasgow will send them more information on this subsequent to acceptance.
· For students who are coming to us for under 6 months: It is preferable for these students to also submit an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test if they have a current one. If these students do not have a current test, then we will send them an evidence of language proficiency confirmation form along with our application guide. This form must be completed by the student and the partner to confirm the student’s language proficiency. These students will need to apply to Glasgow on a Short Term Study Visa. The University of Glasgow will send them more information on this subsequent to acceptance.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above, please do not hesitate to let me know – I look forward to welcoming your students and staff to the University of Glasgow in 2017/18!
With best wishes
International Recruitment & Partnerships, MaRIO
Level 2, Fraser Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow
Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 8167
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401